Same Dream, New Avenue to Pursue It

My dream is simple; I dream that India qualifies for the FIFA World Cup.  This may seem superficial, but I know that in laying out the path to achieve this dream great sports programs will be created, quality infrastructure will be built, coaches will be developed and role models will be born.  Also, I know that the opening kick off of India's first FIFA World Cup match will be the strongest unifier this subcontinent has ever experienced; bigger than, I dare to say, the recent ICC Cricket World Cup Final.

So here I am in India working on achieving this dream every day.  Through meetings, presentations, pick up matches, conference calls, roundtables, etc...  Dentsu India were the first to provide a platform for me to enter India. Through Dentsu India I learned about Indian business and sport and worked with some of the top advertisers in the country.

I have now joined Libero Sports India.  This is a group solely focused on professionalizing Indian football through consulting, sponsorship and player representation.  I officially started with Libero 2 months ago and my time with them has been extraordinary.  We are 7 young, passionate, experienced individuals all focused on one common goal.  It's the type of working environment I used to read about in magazines where there is  mutual respect, equality and creativity is fully supported. 

I serve as the Director of the company and the Managing Director is my close friend Sukhvinder Singh. "Sukkhi" used to be with Nike India Sports Marketing and then headed up Marketing for the Indian Football Federation.  He is someone who the entire Indian football fraternity respects and I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to build relationships in this country with him and through him.



Stay tuned as I expect big things from Libero Sports India over the coming years. Joining them has brought me one step closer to achieving my dream...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Cities, 3 Football Academies

Liverpool International Football Academy Coaches – Ray Curtis and Michael Rice

Dreams Do Come True - International Book Tour